July 18, 2013

Top 5 Dark Comedies

5. The Cable Guy (1996)


Not loved by many. Saw this film for the first time when I was in 8th grade. It made such an impact on me that I watched it repeatedly until I memorized the entire script. The quirky humor made an impression, and probably molded my standards for what I look for in comedies to this day. Jim Carrey at his best.


4. Raising Arizona (1987)




3. The Big Lebowski (1998)



Struggled with labeling this one a dark comedy but I suppose it can be placed there. One of my favorites of all time. The Coen Brothers are so good at making films that are virtually impossible to pigeon-hole. They transcend genres, and almost every one of them has made an impact on me.


2. Groundhog Day (1993)





1. Defending Your Life (1991)



Albert Brooks really displays his genius writing abilities in this film about what happens after you die.


Honorable Mentions:

So I Married an Axe Murderer
Lost in America
Fargo
American Psycho

No comments:

Post a Comment