January 16, 2013

Dexter (Season 6)

HBO, 2011

4/5


First I should mention that before watching this season I took a break from Dexter. I felt that the series had become too predictable and repetitive. Maybe it was the fact that Lithgow was SO GOOD in Season 4 that Season 5 just couldn't compare. Either way, I found Season 6 refreshing and was entertained through all 12 episodes. There are two antagonists this season - played by Edward James Olmos and Colin Hanks. Olmos is a good character actor who happens to fit into his role pretty well. Hanks, on the other hand, I thought fell short in his performance. I do not think that Hanks is a good fit for the Horror/Thriller genre. I believe the last time I saw him was in Mad Men playing the Priest, which I thought he did well in. I guess I admire him for reaching out into a new genre and taking a risk professionally. I thought the finale was great, and has me eager to see Season 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment